Special Membership Drive Event
Family Therapy Hacks: A Balanced Approach Training and Therapy
presented by Pamela Suraci, LMFT
Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 9AM to 1PM
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
2201 Lawton Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA
4 CEUs available for LMFTs, LCSWs & LPCCs
When a family comes to your office in distress, you have a small window of opportunity to engage, assess and intervene to promote health and minimize conflict. Come add to your "toolbox" with a fresh take on systems and strategic family therapy. You will gain a refreshed appreciation for the foundation upon which well-crafted, effective interventions are built.
Don't work with families? Join us anyway...you will gain insight into the ways family of origin affect present-day life for ALL your clients. And who knows, you may find the tools that will make family work exciting!
In this engaging workshop, participants will engage in didactic, discussion, and experiential work to gain insight into the behavioral, intellectual and emotional patterns that present in individual, couple and family therapy.
After attending this course, participants will:
- Understand the resistance to family therapy many clients experience.
- Identify three crucial differences in family and individual therapy.
- List several challenges that exist in a family system that are treated in and out of that context.
- Outline at least three areas areas in which assessment is essential.
- Identify three skills needed by clients to face and overcome challenges born in family systems.
- Describe the importance of dyads within the family system .
- Identify at least three ways in which family systems theory is essential for individual work.
- Identify common "traps" for family therapists.
Our Presenter: Pamela Suraci, LMFT
Pamela Suraci is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in San Luis Obispo, CA. Over the course of her 25+ year career, she has built successful practices in Santa Cruz and San Luis Obispo Counties as well as a thriving online practice and provides engaging, practical and skill-centered continuing education for therapists in and out of classroom settings. She is knows to be a practical, friendly and helpful educator, mentor and therapist.
This CCC-CAMFT event is specially priced at
- $50 for members, 1/2 off the cost to be refunded at the event if the member brings a non-Chapter member to the event to join the Chapter*,
- FREE to those attendees who join our Chapter*, and
- $69 for those who attend but do not join the Chapter.
*Chapter members: if you prepay for the event and bring a guest, and they join our Chapter, we will refund you $25 the day of the event. Potential Chapter members: if you prepay for the event and join the day of the event, you will be refunded $69 that day.
We will be assisting non-members in joining the chapter on the day of the event.