CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS:
Central Coast Chapter (San Luis Obispo County, CA) Presents:
First Annual CAMFT CA-Central Coast
We are excited and proud to offer our first annual scholarship specifically aimed to support pre-licensed therapists in San Luis Obispo County! Please carefully read the application for eligibility details and other important information about applying.
Please contact us with any questions you may have. Thank you for applying and we hope to see you at one of our many wonderful chapter events throughout the year.
Questions? Contact Kim Richards, President at email@example.com.
About New Online Prelicensed Scholarship Application
What is the goal of this scholarship and who is eligible to apply?
The goal of this scholarship is to support pre-licensed therapists working, living, or contributing to the mental health of San Luis Obispo County residents.
The scholarship has a first, second, and third place monetary award offered in two payments, roughly six months apart (one at the time the winners are selected and at a date roughly six months later). Not only is this aimed at supporting our local pre-licensed therapists to reach their goals and become licensed, the Central Coast Chapter of CAMFT is seeking to bring more active engagement and contribution to our local CAMFT chapter by also offering a year of membership awarded to the three scholarship recipients.
- Must be a pre-licensed therapist on track to receive a license in the mental health field (student enrolled in a Masters level program, such as MFT, LPCC, Social Work, or trainee or associate level) CA Board of Behavioral Sciences governing licenses only.
- Applicants are not required to live and work currently in SLO County but must plan to contribute to serving the mental health needs of the residents of SLO County as part of their future goals and be able to speak to that specific plan in this application. This allows for pre-licensed therapists to apply who may be attending graduate school elsewhere or currently living outside of SLO County but have concrete plans to serve SLO County once graduated or in the near future. As part of the application, you will be asked to share what your connection to SLO County is and why you’re applying for this specific chapter’s scholarship.
- Active membership in the CCCAMFT chapter is always encouraged but not necessary to apply. No purchase necessary is to be selected.
- Scholarship submissions will be evaluated in a fair and unbiased multi-round judging process. Since this is a relatively small community, CCCAMFT Board members will redact your identifying information so the judges will be reading/reviewing applications as anonymously as possible.
- Each applicant may submit only one application.
- Applicants from previous years may reapply; however applications must be new and original for each contest year submitted. Previous winners are not eligible to reapply.
- Written answers must be the original work of the applicant and must be typed, double-spaced, 12 point font, and submitted via the application website or printed and mailed to:
Central Coast Chapter of CAMFT
PO Box 12723
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
- Entries must be received by April 1, 2023. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Winners will be announced on May 15, 2023.
- Awards will be paid directly to the winners in two installments, roughly six months apart.
- All three prize levels also receive a year of free membership to CCCAMFT. Please be aware that State Level CAMFT membership is also required to be a member of CCCAMFT and this cost is not covered by CCCAMFT.
- After selection, all winners will be asked to please submit original work or allow the CCCAMFT Board to draft a short statement about them and their ambitions to be shared on social media and the chapter website. This will help encourage others to apply for the scholarship in the future and become involved in our chapter. This agreement will be included in the release form.
Application Requirements: (Must complete all five parts (A.- E.) to be considered an eligible applicant for selection)
A.) Application Form
B.) Release Form
C.) Five Paragraph Responses
D.) One Letter of Recommendation
E.) Proof of School Enrollment or BBS Registration.
OUR MISSION To strengthen the Marriage & Family therapy profession & better serve our Central Coast community.
© Central Coast CAMFT 2016
Central Coast Chapter of CAMFT is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. P.O. Box 12723, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
Website Design : Deb Maxwell