Dr. Michelle Matoff, Psy.D, LCSW
Certified Bariatric Counselor
Office address: 895 Aerovista Place, Suite 106. San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Mailing address: PO Box 85, Avila Beach, CA 93424-0085
Post Weigh Loss Surgery Psychotherapy Group
Below is a list of possible objectives and subject to change/discussion dependent and customized to participant needs.
Possible Group Objectives
1. Establish self-monitoring procedures
2. Learn about compulsive eating cycles and have each member identify theirs
3. Identify personal obstacles that inhibit the consistent practice of exercise
and learn strategies to develop a workout routine
4. Develop a holistic view of body image
5. Stress management strategies
6. Feeling and needs identification
7. Insight orientation to emotional factors that lead to binge
eating/vomiting/chewing, dumping and spitting food with strategy development
of alternatives to out-of-control eating
8. Mood recognition and modulation to prevent undesired long-term consequences
9. Identify relationship issues and difficulties following bariatric surgery such as
jealousy and sabotage by loved ones and implement strategies to keep you on
10. Learn the signs of lapses before the become relapses
11. Develop a relapse plan
Group is designed for people who have had weight loss surgery. The size of group will be limited to six people to ensure all members receive time and attention in the group process.
Duration: 12-week commitment with possibility of continuing the group beyond 12 weeks depending on group interest. Group will be and closed sessions (no new members added during this time).
Costs: $50.00 per session ($200.00 a month)
Day of week: Thursday late afternoon/early evening? Time to be determined by availability of members. Could also have group during the day if members prefer earlier time.
Start Day: First Thursday in September 2020.
Location: Video Conference (tele-therapy) during Corvid 19 times
About the Facilitator: Michelle is a board-certified bariatric counselor, a member of the American Bariatric Advisory Board, EFT certified (Level 2), and a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) with a doctorate degree in psychology. Michelle has a private practice in San Luis Obispo. To read more about her and to contact her see her website at www.drmatoff.com
OUR MISSION To strengthen the Marriage & Family therapy profession & better serve our Central Coast community.
© Central Coast CAMFT 2016
Central Coast Chapter of CAMFT is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. P.O. Box 12723, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406Website Design : Deb Maxwell