May 25, 2018—
Guided Imagery, Body-centered therapy, & Art Therapy, an Experiential Presentation
Carol Lynch, LMFT
Using the breath, imagery and body awareness you will experience a deeper understanding of how emotions reside in the physical body. You will learn ways of helping clients identify, express and move through feelings that are often guarded or unconscious. During this process your increased connection to yourself will support your ability to be present to your clients inner experience. Art therapy will also be used as a safe way of bringing forth the inner dialogue. This presentation is designed to help you:
1. Identify 2 grounding tools utilized during guided meditation.
2. Experience the breath as a tool and intervention technique.
3. Learn how a body-centered approach helps with PTSD, anxiety, dissociation and co-dependence by shifting to an internal locus of control.
4. Use body-awareness techniques as self-care.
5. Apply 2 art therapy techniques to help bypass resistance and foster containment of emotions
Friday, May 25, 2018
TIMEPresentation from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
(You may arrive at 8:30 for socialization, snacks & libation!)
LOCATION Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
2201 Lawton Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Free or $20 for 2 CEUs for Chapter members, $25 for non-Chapter members
Directions will be provided upon registration.
© Central Coast CAMFT 2016
P.O. Box 12723, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
Website Design: Joel Roberts